Finance and Accounting
Dr. Amrinder Singh joined Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur (IIM Sirmaur) as an Assistant Professor in the Area of Accounting & Finance on November 12, 2018. He has completed his Ph.D. in the area of Microfinance from Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, J&K. His research interests include Corporate Governance, Futures Market, Women Empowerment issues, Accounting Cases, etc. He has more than five years of post-Ph.D. experience in teaching. Prior to joining IIM Sirmaur, he was associated with FMS-WISDOM Banasthali Vidyapith, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Assistant Professor (Accounting & Finance) at FMS-WISDOM, Banasthali Vidyapith (Deemed to be a University), Jaipur, Rajasthan (December 2016 – November 2018)
- He has teaching interests in subjects like Financial Reporting and Analysis, Cost & Management Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, etc.
He has published research papers in peer-reviewed National and International Journals. His research interests include Corporate Governance, Futures Market, Self-help Groups, Women Empowerment issues, Accounting Cases, etc.
- Singh, Amrinder and Soni, Tarun Kumar (2022), ‘Firm Performance and R&D Investment Linkages: Study of India’s Top 500 Companies’ The Journal of Developing Areas (Accepted in ABS-1 to be published in early 2022)
- Arora, A. and Singh, A. (2021), ‘Literature Review on Board characteristics and financial performance: A tabular compilation’ Corporate Governance and Ownership Control, Vol. 19 (1), pp. 188-198 (B Rated Journal in ABDC)
- Singh, Amrinder and Soni, Tarun Kumar (2021), ‘Review of Microfinance Research: Evidence from Prominent Authors and highly cited Research Papers’ Empirical Economics Letters, Vol. 20 (Special Issue 2) pp. 9-39 (C Rated Journal in ABDC)
- Singh, Amrinder and Soni, Tarun Kumar (2021), Price Transmission in Cotton Futures Market: Evidence from Three Countries’ Journal of Risk and Financial Management, Vol. 14 Issue 9, 444 (B Rated Journal in ABDC)
- Trivedi, Shrawan. and Singh, Amrinder. (2021), ‘Twitter Sentiment Analysis of App-Based Online Food Ordering Companies’ Global Knowledge, Memory, and Communication, Vol. 70 (8/9), pp. 891-910 (B Rated Journal in ABDC).
- Arora, Akshita and Singh, Amrinder (2021), ‘Financing Mix and Corporate Governance Structure in India’ Empirical Economics Letters, Vol. 20(4), pp. 483-491 (C Rated Journal in ABDC)
- Soni, Tarun Kumar and Singh, Amrinder (2020), ‘Directors’ Remuneration, Corporate Governance and Firm Performance Linkages: Evidence from the Emerging Country’ [Special Issue]. Corporate Governance and Ownership Control, Vol. 18(1), pp. 382-392 (B Rated Journal in ABDC)
- Singh, A, 2017, ‘Women Empowerment through Microfinance’, Stadium Press (India) ltd., New Delhi, India, ISBN 978-93-80012-94-0.
- Presented a Research Paper titled ‘Productivity Analysis of Selected Manufacturing: A Case of MPI Approach’ at International Conference on "Effective Management of Technology and Innovation" at Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur on March 6-7, 2020.
- Attended 6th PAN IIM World Management Conference at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore on December 13-15, 2018.