Operations and Supply Chain Management
Murugaiyan Pachayappan is an Assistant Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at the Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur.
His research focuses on Hyperlocal Market Drone Delivery Systems and developing a mathematical model and complex vehicle routing algorithm, with a practical focus on commercial UAV (Drone) package deliveries. His research has been published in Transportation Research Record, Management Research Review, and Journal of Modeling in Management. Prior to joining IIMS, Pachayappan received his MBA and Ph.D. in management from Pondicherry University, where he was advised by Prof. R. Panneerselvam.
- Assistant Professor, Production and Operations Management, Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, India (2017 – 2018)
- Assistant Professor, Department of International Business, School of Management, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India (2015 – 2017)
- UAV Vehicle Routing Problem, Industry 4.0, Supply Chain Network Optimization, Algorithmic Design, Graph Theory and Facility Layout
- Murugaiyan, P. and Sudhakar, V. (2021), “A Solution to Drone Routing Problems using Docking Stations for Pickup and Delivery Services”, Transportation Research Record, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. DOI (https://doi.org/10.1177/03611981211032219)
- Murugaiyan, P. and Panneerselvam, R. (2021), “ Analyzing Interrelated Enablers of Industry 4.0 for Implementation in Present Industrial Scenario”, Management Research Review, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. DOI (10.1108/MRR-08-2020-0499)
- Murugaiyan, P. and Ramakrishnan, V. (2020), "A methodology for structured literature network meta-analysis", Journal of Modelling in Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JM2-01-2020-0009
- Pachayappan, M. 2019. “Single-Machine Tolerance Scheduling problem in the perspective of Industry 4.0”. 52nd Annual Convention of Operations Research Society of India & International Conference. IIM Ahmedabad, India