MOHD HUSSAIN KUNROO
Economics and Business Environment
Dr. Mohd Hussain Kunroo is Assistant Professor in the area of Economics. He earned his Hons. Economics Degree from Aligarh Muslim University, Master’s Degree in Economics from University of Hyderabad, and Ph. D. (Economics) from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. Dr. Kunroo has been a recipient of the prestigious Sir Ratan Tata Trust Fellowship hosted by the Institute of Economic Growth, New Delhi. The fellowship is awarded from the Sir Ratan Tata Trust Fund for Young Social Scientists. With more than five years of (regular) teaching experience in various organizations including IIM Sirmaur, Central University of Rajasthan, The NorthCap University (Gurgaon), and Amity University (Noida), he has taught the courses of Managerial Economics, Empirical Macroeconomics, Mathematical Economics and Optimization Techniques, Econometrics (Basic and Advanced), Time Series, Financial Econometrics, Economic Forecasting Models, Public Finance/Policy, Theories of Economic Growth, Economic Thought, to name a few; and, has conducted tutorials /workshops on various econometric software such as E-views, R, Advanced Excel, SPSS, and STATA. His research works are published in peer-reviewed journals of major publishing houses such as Springer, Taylor & Francis, Sage, Routledge, and Wiley Blackwell.
Assistant Professor of Economics, Indian Institute of Management, IIM Sirmaur (Dec. 2019- Present)
Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Central University of Rajasthan (Dec 2016- Dec 2019)
Junior Sir Ratan Tata Fellow / Assistant Professor, Ratan Tata Trust Fund, Institute of Economic Growth, New Delhi (Sep 2016-Dec 2016)
Assistant Professor (Economics), School of Management, The NorthCap University (Formerly ITM University) (Jul 2015- Aug 2016)
Economics Intern, Trade Policy Division, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India (May 2015-Jun 2015)
- Dr. Kunroo’s research interests are International Trade & Finance, Optimum Currency Area & Gravity Modeling; Currency Unions; Empirical Macroeconomics; Labour Economics, Applied Econometrics (Time Series, Financial, & Panel Data)
- ?Kunroo MH, Alam MA (2020) Rail versus Inland Water Transport: A Comparative Cost(s) Study Based on the Movement of Coal in India. Forthcoming in International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis
- Kunroo MH (2019) Trade, Industrial Dissimilarity, FDI and Business Cycle Co-movements: EC3SLS Evidence from Eurozone Economies. Margin—The Journal of Applied Economic Research, Sage, 13(3): 327-359. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0973801019841262
- Sofi IA, Kunroo MH (2018) Rainfall Shocks and Labour Adjustment: Does Employment Protection Legislation Create Rigidity?. International Labour Review, Wiley Blackwell, 157(3): 461-480. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ilr.12047/full
- Kunroo MH, Soni K (2018) Petrochemical Industry in India: Determinants, Challenges and Opportunities. Progress in Petrochemical Science, Crimson Publishers, 1(2): 48-52. DOI: 10.31031/PPS.2018.01.000510
- Ahmad I, Kunroo MH, Sofi IA (2018) An RCA Analysis of India-China Trade Integration: Present, Potential and Prospects. Foreign Trade Review, Sage, 53(1): 49-58. DOI: 10.1177/0015732516681885
- Kunroo MH, Sofi IA,Azad NA (2016) Trade Implications of the Euro in EMU Countries: A Panel Gravity Analysis. Empirica: A Journal of European Economies, Springer, 43(2): 391-413. DOI: 10.1007/s10663-016-9334-6
- Sofi IA, Khan MI, Kunroo MH, Khachoo, AQ (2016). Labour Market Regulations and In-formalisation of Migrant Worker: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Sector. Asian Journal of Law & Economics (AJLE), Asian Law and Economics Association, De Gruyter, 7(2): 169-195. DOI:10.1515/ajle-2015-0022
- Kunroo MH (2015) Theory of Optimum Currency Areas: A Literature Survey. Review of Market Integration, Sage, 7(2): 87-116. DOI: 10.1177/0974929216631381
- Kunroo MH, Azad NA (2015) Theory-Based Specifications of the Gravity Equation: An Analysis using European Union as an Example. Journal of International Economics, Institute of Public Enterprises, Hyderabad, 6(2): 97-115.
- Mogha SK, Kumar A, Kumar A, Kunroo MH (2018) Performance Measurement of Academic Departments: Case of a Private Institution. In: M. Pant et al. (eds.), Soft Computing: Theories and Applications, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer: Singapore, 584: 387-396. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-5699-4_36
- Kunroo MH, Sofi IA, Khurana M, Mogha SK (2017) Re-visiting the impact of the Euro on trade flows: New evidence using gravity equation with Poisson count-data technique. In: Deep K. et al. (eds) Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer: Singapore, 547: 229-239. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-3325-4_23
- Book Chapters
- Kunroo MH, Alam MA (2020) Rail versus Inland Water Transport: A Comparative Cost(s) Study Based on the Movement of Coal in India. Forthcoming in International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis.
- Kunroo MH (2016) The Effect of Euro on Bilateral Trade and Exports of EMU Economies. In: Chakraborty D, Mukherjee J (Eds.) Trade, Investment and Economic Development in Asia: Empirical and Policy Issues. Routledge: New York, pp. 136-157. https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/e/9781315617398/chapters/10.4324/9781315617398-18
- Ahmad I, Kunroo MH (2019) India-China Merchandise Trade: Issues and Opportunities. Forthcoming as Book Chapter, NIT Durgapur Edited book, West Bengal.
- Book Reviews
- Ahmad I, Kunroo MH, Gulzar M (2019). Kaushik Basu: An Economist in the Real World. The Art of Policy Making in India. South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, Sage, 8(1): 92-96. DOI: 10.1177/2277978718804721
- Working Papers
- Ahmad I, Kunroo MH (2018) India-China Merchandise Trade: Issues and Opportunities. IEG Working Paper No. 372, Institute of Economic Growth, New Delhi.
- Kunroo MH (2018) Impact of trade, industrial dissimilarity and FDI on the business cycle synchronisation of eurozone economies: Evidences from EC3SLS panel data technique. IEG Working Paper No. 371, Institute of Economic Growth, New Delhi.
- Awarded Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship for Young Social Scientist (2016 – 2018; left in Dec. 2016: Joined CURaj)
- Awarded Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF, MoMA) for Ph.D (2011 – 2015)
- Awarded Muzammil Towle Medal (B. A. Hons. Economics Topper AMU, 2009)
- Qualified University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) for Lectureship (December 2011, June 2012, December 2012)
- Awarded Merit Scholarship for Kashmiri students (Sponsored by J & K Govt.) at AMU (2006-07 to 2008-09)
- Awarded Science Talent Promotion Scholarship, Department of Science and Technology, JK State Council for Science and Technology (J & K Govt.) (2002-03 to 2003-04)