Organizational Behavior & Human Resources Management
Phone: 01704 277 329
Dr. Sanjay Singh has been working as an Assistant Professor in the Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management area at the Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur since November 2018. He received his Master’s Degree in Psychology (with specialization in Organizational Behviour) and Ph.D. from the University of Delhi. He has been a recipient of the Erasmus-Mundus WILLPower Fellowship (2010-11) awarded by the European Union. He is a Certified Management & Business Educator (CMBE) by the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS), UK. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, UK.
Dr. Singh has actively trained at prestigious organizations like Ernst & Young, Mercer, DRDO, PowerGrid, among others. He is a researcher of Uncertainty, Happiness, Gender Violence, and Leadership. He has been Editor of Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation (published by Sage Publications) and Guest Editor of Special Issue on Happiness at Work under Crisis Situation: Cross-cultural Reflections after COVID- 19 for the Journal Frontiers in Psychology. His hobbies are reading, learning, and doing technology.
- Dr. Singh has over five years of post-Ph.D. Teaching experience with MBA students. He teaches Organizational Behaviour, Design of Work Organizations, Leadership and Team Building.
- Dr. Singh’s research focuses on creating a more egalitarian and peaceful experience for individuals both in organizations and society. He focuses on studying Uncertainty, Happiness, Gender Violence, and Leadership both in an organizational and socio-cultural context.
- Singh, S., & Aggarwal, Y. (2021). In search of a consensus definition of innovation: a qualitative synthesis of 208 definitions using grounded theory approach. Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research. https://doi.org/10.1080/13511610.2021.1925526
- Singh, S. (2021). The Nurturant-Warrior Archetype: A meeting ground between godesses Sita and Kali in Vedic Hinduism. Human Arenas.[forthcoming]
- Singh, S., & Aggarwal, Y. (2019). Are traditional negative gender attitudes associated with violent attitudes toward women? insights from a new, culturally adapted measure in India. Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, 1–20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-019-01102-3
- Singh, S., & Aggarwal, Y. (2018). Happiness at Work Scale: construction and psychometric validation of a measure using mixed method approach. Journal of Happiness Studies, 19(5), 1439–1463. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10902-017-9882-x
- Aggarwal, Y., & Singh, S. (2017). Antecedents and consequences of work significance in Indian organizations. Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion, 14(4), 318–342. https://doi.org/10.1080/14766086.2017.1320580
- Singh, S., & Aggarwal, Y. (2020). Sixteen Statements That Reflect Who Can Hurt a Woman in India. Human Arenas, 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42087-020-00099-6
- Singh, S. (2019). A Theoretical Discussion on the State of Scientific Research and Publishing: Critical Reflections and New Directions. Human Arenas. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42087-019-00077-7
- Singh S (2020) Pyramid Globe Management Institute: working under a paternalistic leader. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies 10(3). Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.: 1–22. DOI: 10.1108/EEMCS-01-2020-0021
- Singh S (2018a) Taking Asia–Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation to the Next Level . Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation 14(1–2). SAGE Publications: vii–viii. DOI: 10.1177/2319510x18814324.
- Singh S (2018b) Taking Two Steps to Reinvent Management Education. Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation 14(3–4). SAGE Publications: vii–viii. DOI: 10.1177/2319510x18817581.
- Magazine/ Newspaper Publications:
- Singh S (2020b) Rethinking Management Education. Chronicle India’s Best Business School Survey - Business and Management - 2020. Delhi. Available at: https://www.chronicleindia.in/survey.
- Erasmus-Mundus WILLPower Fellowship (2010-11) awarded by European Union