SHAH BHAVINKUMAR INDRAVADAN
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Dr. Shah Bhavinkumar Indravadan holds a Ph.D (Fellow) and Masters (PGDIE) degree in Industrial Engineering from the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai, India. He is a Bachelor in Computer Engineering from Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat. Bhavin has research and teaching experience of more than 12 years in interdisciplinary domains such as Lean thinking in warehousing and logistics, Information Systems and Data Analytics applications to Supply Chain; IT-enabled operations management, Optimization using computer algorithms and, Simulation and Modelling of Operations-Marketing Interfaces. His research has featured in internationally acknowledged Journals and Conferences. He is on-board of multiple journals in the capacity of editorial member and reviewer.
• Assistant Professor, Operations & Supply Chain Management Group, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Sirmaur: July-2020 to Date
• Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM): July-2019 to June-2020
• Assistant Professor, SVMIT: July-2007 to June-2019
• Warehouse science and e-retail distribution management
• Lean thinking and Warehouse Automation
• Data Analytics applications to Supply Chain
• IT-enabled Operations Management
• Optimisation using computer algorithms and Heuristics
• Simulation and Modelling of Operations-Marketing Interfaces
- Dixit, A., Shah, B. & Sonwaney, V. (2020). Picking Improvement of a FMCG Warehouse: A Lean perspective, International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalisation, 8(3) 243-271. https://10.1504/IJLEG.2020.10031651
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2018). Designing lean storage allocation policy for non-uniform unit loads in the forward-reserve model: An enterprise information management with e-decision support system, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 31(1) 112-145. https://doi.org/10.1108/JEIM-01-2017-0018
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2017). Storage allocation framework for designing lean buffers in forward-reserve model: A test case, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 45(1) 90-118. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-07-2016-0112
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2017). A Comprehensive review of warehouse operational issues, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 26(3) 346 – 378. 10.1504/IJLSM.2017.081962
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2015). A Comprehensive Review and Proposed Framework to Design Lean Storage and Handling Systems, International Journal of Advanced Operations Management, 7(4) 274-299.10.1504/IJAOM.2015.075025
- Sharma, S. & Shah, B. (2016). Towards lean warehouse: Transformation and Assessment using RTD and ANP, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 65(4) 571 - 599. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-04-2015-0061
- Sharma, S. & Shah, B. (2015). A proposed hybrid storage assignment framework: A case study, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 64(6) 870 – 892. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-04-2014-0053
- Sharma, S. & Shah, B. (2015). Thinking cloud-enabled adept and agile supply chain for SMEs: a conceptual study, International Journal of Business Information Systems, 19(3) 342-365.10.1504/IJBIS.2015.069724
- Shah, B., Khanzode, V., Kansara, S. & Sonwaney, V. (2019). Assessment of Lean Adoption in Indian Warehousing Industry: An Empirical Survey, Proceedings of the Research Conference on Operations & Supply Chain Management 10, Nov 2019, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik.
- Soma, P., Shah, B., Arunkumar O.N. & Sonwaney, V. (2019). Line Balancing and Increasing Storage Space, Proceedings of the Research Conference on Operations & Supply Chain Management, 10 Nov 2019, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik.
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2017). Improving customer service levels by designing lean buffers in forward-reserve warehousing model, The XXI International Conference of Society of Operations Management, 21-23 Dec 2017, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad.
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2016). Storage allocation and replacement strategies for throughput improvement in forward buffers, Proceedings of National Conference on Industrial Engineering and Technology Management, 17-19 October 2016, NITIE, Mumbai.
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2016). Design and assessment of lean handling buffers in the forward-reserve model, The Sixth International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, IEOM, Malaysia.
- Shah, B. & Khanzode, V. (2015). “Designing lean buffers in forward-reserve storages of distribution warehouse”, Doctoral Consortium-Society of Operations Management, 11-13 Dec 2015, IIM, Calcutta.
- Guest Editor for the Journal of Global Operations & Strategic Sourcing (JGOSS), Emerald for the Special Issue: “Sourcing Strategies and Supply Chain operations under the impact of COVID-19”
- Associate Editor for the Brazilian Journal of Operations & Production Management (BJO&PM)
- Editor Review Board, for the International Journal of Electronic Government Research (IJEGR) and the International Journal of Applied Management Science (IJAMS)
- Conferred with Best Thesis Award on the XXV convocation (2019) by the Chairman, NITIE Mumbai
- Outstanding Reviewer for International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Emerald Literati Awards 2018
- International Travel Support (ITS) from SERB-Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attend The Sixth International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, IEOM 2016, Malaysia
- Scholarship from AICTE under the QIP Programme 2011-2013