ABOUT THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT SIRMAUR
IIM Sirmaur is one of the premier institutions of the prestigious IIM family in the country. Taking forward the legacy of the IIM brand, IIM Sirmaur is committed to delivering quality education, training and research in the management sciences.
IIM Sirmaur is situated in the verdant surroundings of the Himalayas (located in Paonta Sahib and close to Dehradun). It provides an ideal setting to educate and train the best minds of the country, away from the din and bustle of the metropolitan cities. Paonta Sahib is among the major industrial towns of Himachal Pradesh. The town is an important place for the Sikhs and attracts pilgrims from around the world.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Master of Business Administration Tourism is a two-year full-time residential sectoral Programme. Each academic year consists of three trimesters, leading to the grant of Degree of MBA Tourism. The first year of the programme will encompass core courses that explain the fundamental concepts of management theories and practices across different functional areas. The first-year coursework shall be mandatory for all the students followed by a summer internship for a period of six to eight weeks where the students are required to work on tourism related projects.
In the second year, students shall be offered core and functional elective courses across different areas of specialisation in Tourism sectors. Students can select their preferred elective courses, insofar as they fulfil the minimum credit requirements for the Programme. Students who successfully fulfil all the requirements of the Programme shall be awarded the Degree in MBA Tourism.
The curriculum pedagogy shall be a combination of lectures, flip classroom sessions, case studies, online resources, field work, project assignments, lab sessions, etc. The Programme combines to offer core business knowledge and management skills, including Entrepreneurship, Special Interest Tourism, Tourism Planning, Tourism Analytics, Contemporary Hotel and Travel Management, and the like.
MBA Tourism aims to enrich the students who are keen to develop their career and knowledge in Tourism industry. The Programme intends to provide special emphasis on familiarizing students with actual ground level operations, its business strategies and marketing of tourism products and services.
I - Eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 pattern)/B. Tech in any discipline from a recognized University / Institute or equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/PH).
- Score on any one of the following tests -
- Valid CAT Score/GMAT (last 5 years)
- Score obtained in Admission Test conducted by IIM Sirmaur (on a pre-notified date to the eligible candidates)
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on valid CAT/GMAT/IIM Sirmaur Test score, as the case may be. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview/Interaction at a designated venue/location. Centres for the IIM Sirmaur Test include Kolkata, Bangalore, Delhi, Chandigarh and Paonta Sahib H.P. (Himachal Pradesh). However, the Institute reserves the right to add/cancel any centre for the conduct of Entrance Test.
- Announcement of the final selection/merit list under any category/quota shall be strictly in order of inter-se merit on the basis of the composite score arrived at using weightages as per valid CAT 2020/GMAT (last 5 years)/IIM Sirmaur 2021 Test score (if conducted), PI score, academic profile, work experience and gender diversity.
II - Reservation Policy
Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs) will be followed.
III - Intake : 60 Seats
IV - Programme Fees
The Programme fee for the 2023-25 Batch is Rs. 16 lakhs.
For international students, fee would be USD equivalent of Rs. 16 lakhs.
V - Offer Acceptance fee, withdrawal and refund
A candidate receiving admission offer from IIM Sirmaur shall be required to accept the offer within the specified time and date and shall need to deposit an offer acceptance amount of Rs. 50,000/- through online transaction to reserve the candidature. The amount so deposited shall be adjusted in the Term Fee at the time of Registration. However, a candidate wishing to subsequently withdraw the offer within the time limit specified by the Institute shall be refunded the amount after deducting the processing charge only. In the event of withdrawal from the Programme after registration, no refund will be made.
IIM Sirmaur reserves the right to modify any part of this document including the various criteria and cut-offs mentioned at any time till the admission process for the said batch is completed.
IIM Sirmaur reserves the right to add/cancel any centre for the conduct of Entrance Test.
Admissions Office MBA Tourism
Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur
Rampur Ghat Road, Paonta Sahib
Distt. – Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh, Pin: 173025
Tel: +91 7832901802