“To develop and foster professionals with competencies in creating and leading future oriented solutions for sustainable growth adhering to the highest standards of ethical and human aspects of work in Himachal Pradesh, India and the world”
Centre for Sustainability & Environmental Management (CSEM) at IIM Sirmaur has been established in November 2019. The Centre seeks to contribute significantly to the understanding and practice of three pillars of sustainable development: social, environmental, and economic. CSEM shall act as a platform to address the issues of livelihood, entrepreneurship, environment, waste management, sustainability, etc.
- To bring together experts, scientists, management professionals, experienced industry colleagues, policy makers to deliberate debate, think and study the existing policies for the betterment of sustainable livelihood.
- To train local youth in indigenous skills to attempt to improve their livelihood patterns in the Himalayan region.
- To conduct various impact studies on Swacch Bharat Mission, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, etc. in terms of sustainability and livelihood.
- To conduct CSR activities and awareness drives to sensitize the local community about social, environmental, and economic aspects.
- To study and research in particular environmental management issues in the Himalayan region including waste management and management of natural resources.
- To undertake research projects on agricultural management with reference to state of Himachal Pradesh.
- To organize conferences, conclaves and seminars, brainstorming sessions, training in line with the above objectives.